I’ve always been intimidated by soap recipes – they felt so involved. This is so simple, no lye needed, and your kiddos can help you make them!
Be sure to choose essential oils free of the word “fragrance” on their ingredients label, solvents & expiration dates. We chose some skin nourishing oils from Young Living, our family has use these for years and a little goes a long ways! Message me if you have questions, I can share more!
- 2lb melt and pour soap base
- ½ cup powdered goat milk
- 2 Tbsp organic raw honey
- 1 Tbsp jojoba or sweet almond oil
- 60 drops pure essential oils – see notes below
- Soap molds
- Chop soap base into cubes and melt using a double boiler. You can place a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water for this.
2. Whisk in all remaining ingredients until smooth.
3. Pour into soap molds – Option to add dried flowers prior to pouring into molds.
4. Let sit overnight before removing from molds.
Choose your favorite oils – we split the recipe in half and did two different combinations:
Lavender + Orange
Ylang Ylang + Vanilla + Tangerine
I can’t wait for you to make these! Tag me on instagram @happymamaessentials so I can see!