Quick, easy and nourishing homemade soap with just a handful of natural ingredients like raw honey with a goat milk base. Use these around your home or make them for friends & family and fun gifts – from valentines with rose petals, to the spring with calendula or chamomile flowers or dried lavender from summer.. and adding to baskets and stockings during the holidays. You’ll want to save this recipe for later!
I had always been intimidated by soap recipes – they felt so involved and overwhelmed me. But then I discovered another way that is so simple – no lye needed, and the kid can be hands-on and help you make them!
Be sure to choose essential oils free of the word “fragrance” on their ingredients label, solvents & expiration dates. We prefer these essential oils.
- 2lb melt and pour soap base
- ½ cup powdered goat milk
- 2 Tbsp organic raw honey
- 1 Tbsp jojoba or vitamin E oil
- 60 drops pure essential oils
- Soap molds
- Chop soap base into cubes and melt using a double boiler. You can place a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water for this.
- Remove from heat and whisk in all remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Using a ladle or measuring cup, pour into soap molds – Option to add dried flowers prior to pouring into molds.
- Let sit overnight before removing from molds.
Choose your favorite oils – we tend to split the recipe in half and do two different combinations with Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Vanilla + Tangerine or a Citrus blend being some of our favorites
I can’t wait for you to make these! Tag me on instagram @happymamaessentials so I can see!